Monday, October 13, 2008

What a Wonderful Weekend




This past weekend was one I will not soon forget. It was a little hectic and totally emotional, but it was ours and I wouldn't change it for anything. My parents came up on Friday and Shane's mom got here Thursday night for our big baby blessing. All the planning leading up to it reminded me of a wedding party we were getting ready for. With all the invitations and people bringing food, I was so excited for the day to get here. Friday night we all went out for Chinese food in a hurry; Shane and I had to get to a baby blessing at the hospital. Then Saturday was spent shopping and getting everything ready for Sunday. It was so great to be able to have everyone together and see how much we could all love such a small child. Sunday was just an amazing day, apart from the frantic dash out the door, we had a great morning. Shane gave the most poetic and beautiful baby blessings that I have ever heard, blessing Thayden with wisdom and a desire to do well.



After church we had a big shin-dig at uncle Lydon's house. We packed about 50 people in the house and it was actually quite roomy. Thayden just hung out and stared at people while we were all googling at him. After the day turned into the night, my parents joined us back at our house for some reminissing before bed. It was so wonderful to have them here and to be able to share those memories. I sure wish I had pictures and video of me with my grandparents, that is always something I would have loved. Now I can make sure that we do it for Thayden and all the kids to come. I'm so thankful for everyone that was able to make it, and for those who weren't we hope to see you soon or next time!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Hello friend! How the heck are you? I found your site through the Ward Enrichment site and wanted to invite you to view my blog.... hope you don't mind. :D

Lacey

Reading Champions said...

We loved being there! Shane did give a beautiful blessing. Please tell everyone thank you for their kind hospitality. We loved spending time with Shane's family and friends and of course spending time with your sweet family. Can't wait to see you all and see how much Thayden has grown at Thanksgiving. We love you.

Silcox Stories said...

I so wish we could have been there. I hope you can feel our love and support for your family from far away, each and every day!