Saturday, October 4, 2008

A good nights sleep







Well, about a week ago Shane and I decided it was time to put Thayden in his room. It was a little nerve racking because I loved having him so close and I could peak at him at any time during the night, but he was sleeping well, so we thought it was time. The first night went well, he woke up twice, and I had to go into the other room to feed him instead of doing it in bed, but that was fine.
Monday night, after lots of playing, Shane put Thayden down in his bed for the night. At about 4 am I woke up in a panic because I hadn't heard all night! I went into the next room to check on him only to find that he was sound asleep. I went back to bed only to find that I couldn't sleep immediately because of the adrenaline rush. I had to get up at 7am for a class, and Thayden decided to get up about 7:15. He had slept from 10-7:15! It was a miracle. Shane later asked me if Thayden had woken up that night, I told him no and he commented that that must have been why he felt so rested. I too must admit that I got my first really good nights sleep since having Thayden. Two more nights have followed this routine and I hope like crazy that he will be able to keep it up. I'm so blessed to have such a great son and husband. I'm looking forward to our next step with Thayden; I'm hoping for a laugh soon and for him to roll over. We'll keep everyone informed on all the new developments.

2 comments:

Rob and Kali said...

I didn't know you had a blog, how cool is that-now we can be blogging buddies!!! Thayden is soo cute!! I still have to see him for real thoguh. Great job only getting up once to check on him during the night! I was such a paranoid mom with Gracie when she first slept through the night(only at first then I got used to it)
Welcome back to the ward-even though you've been here for like a month. :)

Samantha and Dustin said...

How cute! I hope you don't mind- I found your blog! :)