Saturday, August 23, 2008

Six weeks later...



Well, its been six weeks since the birth of Thayden. If all were normal, this is anything but. Living out of a hotel room for the past 2 1/2 weeks has been anything but the best time. Other than watching TV, I'm pretty limited to what I can do. The mornings are nice because I can go out and get a few errands done before Shane has to go to work. Thayden has been a great baby, he really only cries when he has gas, poopy or needs to eat. I couldn't have asked for a better baby and he is such a trooper through all these changes. Shane's company had a bunch of people leave this morning because they were starting school, everyone who was staying, got to stay in the same room; except us! This was okay by me because it was for a good cause, the president of our church and some colleagues would be staying in that part of the hotel! So, while Shane was on a job, I packed up the room and his boss helped me move everything to a new room.
This whole experience is one I hope to look back on and smile, being able to live in a hotel room and learn how to take care of a new born is no easy task. There are many things I could have never believed I would be thinking about or doing. Thayden is such a great baby, all the poopy diapers and crying are all worth it when I see him smile. I can't wait to get back up to school and have a real home again, this semester should be the most memorable yet!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like things are great for all of you (except the hotel business... but look at the bright side, how many people can say that they lived in a hotel?). We are excited to see you all soon... whenever that may be! Best wishes to you all!

Devin and Lindsay

Reading Champions said...

So glad to know that your hotel adventure has now come to an end. We love skyping but can't wait to hold Thayden (undoubtedly one of the cutest grandbabies around) and hug his parents.